I first wrote about BeautyCounter back in 2013, and I have been loving their products ever since. Their mission hasn’t changed. They still want to get safe products into the hands of everyone. I love that their site is a trusted source for what we should be avoiding in our products. It’s helped me be more mindful of what I am purchasing. Of course, it’s hard for me to avoid all of the toxins all of the time, but little by little I work on replacing items and products that are harmful to my family. With products that work just as well, but don’t contain endocrine disrupters (I’m sort of obsessed with this at the moment).
My friend, Whitney St. Laurent (best last name ever, right?!), has now become a consultant! I’ve known Whitney since grade school, and she now lives in Birmingham, Alabama with her adorable family. Her daughter is so so cute, it’s unreal! She sent me a few products that I hadn’t tried yet (kids collection, mascara, and eye make up remover), and no surprise, I loved each of them. I also thought I’d share my long-time beautycounter favorites with all of you too.
- I have mentioned this stick sunscreen for a couple of years now. I’ve heard people say putting sunscreen on kids is likened to wrestling a baby alligator, and I have to say that’s pretty accurate. It’s quite the workout! The stick makes putting it on their little noses and cheeks pretty painless most days. It’s also so tiny, I can throw it in my purse and apply/reapply based on what we decide to do.
- Recently I wrote about my skincare routine, and a mainstay for me is beautycounter’s nourishing cream cleanser. I use this with my Clarisonic and have loved the results.
- Another favorite is this plumping mist. It’s perfect after playing tennis (my newfound favorite/only way I’m ever going to work out, lol), or even just at my desk. I’m almost 34, and it helps with fine lines… which I’ve definitely got going on.
- Lengthening mascara – I think this is the perfect everyday mascara. And it never clumps!
- On my favorite FB moms group, I remember someone asking when it’s time to switch from baby shampoo. Ummmm hi I have a 2 and a 4 year old, how have I not switched? I think I was in denial! But their heads, especially my four year old needed something for a KID. Particularly because I love my boys hair a little long/surfer-esque. A little goes a long way with the beauty counter kid line, one squirt for each of their heads is plenty, and it smells so good! I even apply a little dollop of conditioner to my four-year-olds hair since he has some curls to tame. You can buy the collection, or individually.
- Whitney sent me this instant eye make up remover … it’s safe(no silicones or mineral oils), it works, and it’s not an oily mess all over my eyes after I use it.
- This peppermint lip conditioner has been one of my favorites since discovering beautycounter. I think most people use it for night time conditioning, but since I rarely wear color on my lips I’ll use it during the day too.
Have you tried beautycounter yet? Any favorites I should look into?