Back in February I stumbled upon these chairs, for $6.99(!!), and couldn’t pass them up! I had a few people request to see how they ended up. So here they are!
After taking off the covers, with JBs electric screw driver, I used white lacquer spray paint. It took a lot of coats, and five cans. So about a can, and a quarter of a can, for each chair. I then used this site to help me reupholster the cushions. I bought a staple gun at Walmart, and it was probably the most annoying part. If I had to do it over, I’d just buy the pneumatic staple gun, which looks a thousand times easier than the one I had. And pretty fun to use!! I bought fabric off of Spoonflower. But when it came in, it just didn’t work, plus I didn’t think the fabric would hold up well in our house. My mom had bought me a beautiful tablecloth at Marshalls a couple weeks before, and I loved it so much! It seemed like it would wear better than the spoonflower fabric, so I cut it up, and sprayed scotchguard on them. My Scarlett O’Hara moment.
I’m not much of a DIY-er, and recovering/painting these seemed like a fun but intimidating activity for me. But this was actually pretty doable. Just don’t look too closely — they’ve already had a bit of wear traveling back and forth for molly’s bridal shower! Though I kind of love all the imperfections they have and ones they’ll pick up over the years. stories!! history!! I’m all about it.