We’re going to ROMA tomorrow. It’s a first for both of us. Way back in the day when I lived in Italy it was not safe due to the mob- and certainly not for someone with four kids in tow. As for JB- this may be the only place we go to that he hasn’t been. So we’re pretty much on cloud 1000 in anticipation.
As usual i have researched like a mad woman and have everything planned … thankfully, JB loves this about me. You really must to do this when you go to somewhere like Rome – there’s just so much to explore. Here’s what we’d like to accomplish other than going to Sean and Anne’s wedding inside the VATICAN (holy moly i’m excited):
1. tour the colosseum & roman forum while we’re at it.
2. Take a look at the Pantheon.
3. Eat at Cul De Sac (which friend Chris says is the Consum of Rome- but better. we are sold.)
4. Have an Italian Beer at Baladin/Open
5. Tour the Vatican
6. Sistine Chapel
7. Throw coin in Trevi Fountain
8. visit the spanish steps
9. Eat our weight in gelato
10. take a Scavi tour
Anything I am missing? let me know.